Monday 18 August 2014

A Day At Southwell

A couple of friends  and I decided to go to the Southwell meeting on Sunday it was a great day out but only from a social point of view I focused all my attention on the racing at Southwell seeing as that’s where I was going and I think the emotions of being there coupled with a few drinks effected my judgement and a managed a very unimpressive 0/7 winning bets so £70 quid lost on my bets alone…

Rugby League
My saving grace for the day was the Rugby League I had been looking at the fixtures all week as usual and one game really stood out as a punt London v Leeds normally Leeds would be guaranteed a win but with the final the following week and a weakened team sent to do the job I felt Leeds was vulnerable the handicap was about 20points but from scratch London was 7/1 this type of bet makes you look like a fool or genius and on this occasion I’m a genius London battled back from 24-8 down at half time to sneak a 40-36 win there was even a late drama with Leeds having a try disallowed in the dying moments

Losing Bets                         
Well could probably write a 10,000 word essay on the losing bets today with them coming thick and fast from everywhere as mentioned before my racing bets drew a blank as did ProBet and Dailybargain. My Golf bet strategy backfired this week with six bets in all with nothing to show and Pricewise Extra and the Longshot have losing bets with a 2nd place and 4th place finish

No Football
With my going to Southwell I did’nt have any football bets and I feel this could have been costly as I have been in good form so far this season. I also did’nt get any trades done although this could be a good thing as I am still more likely to lose than win at the moment

Pounds To Punters
Really missed them this week only had one day with any bets on Thursday and am hoping there back to normal next week especially if they can keep finding winners

Summary For Week
All in all managed to scrape a profit with £42.23 the week as ever has had plenty of highs and lows and its fair share of frustrations with last minute goals and a boat load of 2nd place finishes on the racing. Next week looks like a short week from a betting front as I am going away for a long weekend break Friday – Monday so it will be critical to get off to a good start

Results

My Rugby League +£97.30
ProBet -£10
Daily Bargain -£10
My Golf Bets -£60
Prisewise Extra -£20
Longshot -£20
My Racing Bets £-70
Total £-92.70

Total For Week +£42.23

 
Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment